Saturday 5 May 2012

You are my universe.

I don’t love you
like the tides loves the shore..
like the wick of a candle
loves light but not its wax,

I don’t love you that way.

I don’t love you
the way a star is always in love
with its partner star, inseparable, both shining
like two nickels in a deep wishing well.

It, my love, is much more than that.

I don’t love you
in the manner that birds love  branches,
they sit and then fly,


I love you
as if you are the only woman ever created.
I love you
like stars love to dance in their own light.
I love you
like the candle loves to give warmth
as much as it likes to be warm.
I love you
like every grain of sand rejoices
to be enveloped
to be swept away by the tides
and then returned, endlessly dancing by the tides.

I love you
as if you were my universe
and I was creator.



No comments:

Post a Comment